Depression takes complete control over your life. It affects your mind and body in ways that people who have not experienced it for themselves cannot fully understand. Depression affects the way you think and feel, and you are completely at its mercy. You cannot experience life the way it was meant to be lived because your symptoms dictate everything.
How can I tell if this is me?
Individuals suffering from depression may experience the following:
- Mental or physical tiredness and loss of energy
- Sensations of guilt
- Stress and anxiety
- Constantly feeling worried
- Low interest or pleasure in life
- Changing appetite and noticeable fat burning or weight gain
- Lack of emotion
- Problems concentrating or making decisions
- A generalized slowing of cognition including memory
- Disturbed sleeping patterns such as extreme sleep or hypersomnia, insomnia, or loss of REM rest
- Repeated ideas of death
- A specific strategy for committing suicide or suicide attempt
Depression in Children or Young Adults.
Depression symptoms in children are not as noticeable as they are in adults.
A few of the signs that kids and young adults might display are:
- Loss of appetite
- Memory issues where none existed previously
- Sleep issues such as recurring nightmares or inconsistent sleep habits
- Unusual behavior patterns such as social seclusion, hostility to others, and family withdrawal
- The use of alcohol or drugs
We believe that all clients that suffer from depression should begin by understanding some of the underlying causes associated with this debilitating condition, not immediately treating the symptoms with medication that eventually stop working or whose side effects outweigh the benefits.
At Unique Mind Care we offer a safe and efficient drug-free non-invasive treatment choice for Houston clients struggling with depressive disorders or depression. Is this what you’ve been looking for?
Your depression doesn’t define you.
Schedule an appointment today.