Is your child suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or hyperactivity? We can help you with natural ADHD therapies for children.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is emotionally upsetting and very frustrating. At Unique Mindcare we can help you get it under control.
|iHealthTube.com – Alternative Therapies for ADD and ADHD||Is it difficult to diagnose ADD and ADHD?Dr. Nancy White talks about how the conditions are diagnosed in children.HealthVideos –
Diagnosing ADD and ADHD
Drug-Free Treatment for Children with ADHD
The symptoms of ADHD are generally well-known: they tend to group around inattentiveness, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness. ADHD is neither a mental illness nor a disease; it is a disorder characterized by identifiable variations in brain wave patterns that result in symptomatic ADHD behaviors. However, most children are diagnosed on the basis of behavior alone, which presents the problem of distinguishing ADHD behavior from that of a highly active or very creative normal child.
Most children will exhibit one or two of the symptoms listed below as part of their normal personality. If your child (1) repeatedly exhibits a significant number of these behaviors, if (2) those behaviors defy reasonable efforts at redirection and (3) they form a recurring pattern that interferes with his or her ability to function well at home, in school or in social settings, then it would be appropriate to have your child tested.
Symptoms generally associated with ADHD:
- Difficulty organizing or completing tasks
- Seems unable to follow simple directions
- Habitually makes careless mistakes
- Is forgetful about daily activities
- Tends to avoid activities that require sustained focus
- Often loses things, including personal items
- Frequently daydreams when there’s work to do
- Often squirms, fidgets, or bounces when sitting
- Has difficulty sitting still for long periods
- Has a hard time playing quietly
- Seems always to be moving
- Talks excessively and talks over others
- Shows impulsive, risk-taking behavior
- Has difficulty waiting for his or her turn
- Blurts out answers before the question has been completed
- Often interrupts others
Treating ADHD without drugs
Unique Mindcare’s approach focuses first on identifying the cause of your child’s condition along with any contributing physiological, dietary or emotional factors. Then, from a personalized program based on the data we gather, we safely and effectively train your child’s brain toward a more functional balance using non-invasive, science-based FDA-cleared technologies in place of medication. While medication sometimes may be required as a short-term intervention, research suggests that long-term treatment of ADHD with medication alone can have a significant health impact later in life.
A treatment plan for your child at Unique Mindcare will explore the following protocols, most of which are detailed elsewhere on this web site.:
- Functional Assessment Questionnaire
- Specific laboratory tests
- QEEG functional Brain Map
- Nexalin Advanced Technology
- Nutritional analysis
- Supplements and Enzymes
- Physical Assessment
Contact Unique Mindcare in Houston today or call us at 713.660.1100 to learn more about our drug-free treatments for ADHD in children.